Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hawk's Rayne

I had submitted this manuscript to my editor and she enjoyed the book but there were some changes she wanted. I agreed to make the changes and to send it back to her as soon as I could.

As I unraveled the original story my mind began to drift and I ended up with somehting that, while at the core is the same book, it's taking a different route to get that original location. Why? I have no idea. I liked hte characters the first time around but I didn't love the book.

Now I feel more comfortable with it. Becuase of the major rewrites it's slow going but I'm plodding along. Because of these changes, Morgan's Creek has been put on hold--which is NOT making Sheriff Alverro Schmidt or Agent Sage Lee very happy.

But it's important to me to get these changes done. While there is no guarantee the book will be contracted, the sooner it's completed the sonner RP can make that determination.

Guess I better get back to work.

Hugz!
JJ

0 comments: