Thursday, March 12, 2009

Struggling with inspiration

I'm losing the battle. I'm trying desperately to come up with something suitable to submit to my publisher but all the confidence I once had in the current project has dissolved. I'm not sure why.

I'm just suddenly overwhelmed with a serious case of the blahs. Is it Seasonal Affect Disorder or am I just sad? I can't say for certain the one thing I do know is that I need to get off the stick and get busy but for some reason I just can't manage to come up with the desire to write at this time.

I think I need a vacation. I haven't gone away for the weekend in quite some time and I think I need a weekend getaway.

This weekend I happen to be taking off--for Friday night and Saturday anyway--to retreat for the ladies from our church. My best friend and I will be in room of the hotel and after ten pm we're on our own. Maybe a weekend of fun, games, kicking her can in cards and goofing around will rejuvinate me. If it doesn't work....(hold your ears please, primal scream coming. Thank you!)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Well, rather than continuing to blather I guess I'll say adios for now and get ready for another day of battling the demon Anti-Muse.

Hugz
JJ

0 comments: